How does it work?
Through the Thoughtworks website you will find curriculum and other resources developed by our national task force to serve our churches. Thoughtworks also works with each region to organize workshops and training opportunities to help you equip the saints. Regionally a representative helps get the resources into your hands. These resources focus on four important areas of theological mentoring: God Thoughts, what we call foundational theology; Biblical Foundations, recognizing the authoritative role scripture plays in our movement this material fosters a deep relationship with the Bible; Kingdom Encounters, because whole people are a whole lot better than the alternative!; and, Future Church, where we focus on how we continue to build effective ministries in a changing culture.
So why the blog?
In order to better facilitate resourcing the Ontario region, this blog was set up as a central point of contact for those interested in mentoring and discipleship from a Canadian Vineyard perspective. Here we will feature articles to get you thinking and keep you connected.
Look for articles:
- on approaches to mentoring and discipling
- reviews and discussions of books and tools that Vineyard folk have found helpful
- on upcoming regional training opportunities that you can get involved in
- reports from past events that folks in our Region have attended
- articles on theological work that is relevant to Ontario regional Vineyards
OK, so is there a catch?
Actually yes there is. We are looking for content. This blog belongs to the regional Vineyards in Ontario. If you hang out with us then you are invited to participate. Send your blog posts to the Ontario Regional Thoughtworks Coordinator.* He's a really nice guy named Frank.
We are looking forward to many fruitful conversations and seeing more of what God has for our region, our churches and our world.
* Article submissions must match one of the above listed categories. Please include a note about your affiliation with the Vineyard - you do not need to be a member of a Vineyard church, but you do need to be known to a Vineyard church. We reserve the right to edit your article, but we will make sure any changes meet with your approval before we post.